Atlanta Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Atlanta Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accident injuries can be life changing. You are likely saddled with expensive medical bills, and it might take months, years, or a lifetime to fully recover. To make matters worse, you have to fight with the at-fault party’s insurance company to try to get a fair settlement to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and emotional distress. When we partner with you, we will alleviate some of your stress by advocating on your behalf to help you get the money you deserve. We can begin by filing a claim against the party responsible for the accident, so you can recover economic and non-economic damages. With our help, you can focus on healing from your injuries while we concentrate on getting you a fair settlement or judgment.
Common injuries from bicycle accidents
Bicycle accidents can lead to various injuries. These injuries range in severity and can cause long-lasting issues for victims, and in some cases, they can be fatal. Common injuries from bicycle accidents include:
What expenses can be compensated?
Why choose greathouse law?
- Free Consultation – Tell Us What Happened & See If You Have A Case And What It Might Be Worth. We do consultations by phone and virtually.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Over 100 Google Reviews. 10.0/10.0 with 5-Star rating on respected legal website Avvo.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Our team is incredibly experienced, and they truly understand the complications that Personal Injury can bring upon a family
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- No Fee Unless You Win – No attorney fees or costs unless we win your case.
- Atlanta & All Georgia – Our office is in Atlanta but we accept cases everywhere in Georgia.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you a 2nd opinion on your case.
- Available 24/7 – We answer the phone literally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You may also contact us by the form on this page.
Real Clients, Real Reviews
Bicycle Accident Claim Basics
When a bicycle accident occurs, the at-fault party’s insurance company immediately investigates the crash to determine fault. Bicycles are treated as vehicles in Atlanta, so the insurance company must establish if the bicyclist violated traffic laws. Georgia is a contributory negligence state, so even if you are partially at fault, you can still recover damages. Still, the insurance company might try to avoid paying you any money or might choose to offer a settlement that is much lower than what you deserve. That’s why it’s wise to consult an experienced bicycle accident attorney before agreeing to a settlement with the insurance company.
When you consult with a bicycle accident attorney, you will go over the case and formulate a plan for the next step. Your attorney might recommend negotiating a settlement or moving forward with a lawsuit. In both situations, your attorney will ensure that your rights are protected while attempting to get the settlement that you need and deserve.
Bicycling is becoming increasingly common in Atlanta, with 1.1 percent of employees commuting to work by bicycle. These employees and other cyclists fight for space on 45.2 miles of bike lanes, although the city has proposed 226 miles. The congested roadways, lack of bicycle lanes, and increased biking activity has created the perfect storm regarding accidents. Most biking accidents occur when automobile drivers fail to pay attention and follow the lookout procedures, causing them to collide with bicycles. Bicycles are at great risk, even when they follow all safety procedures.
Other causes of bicycle accidents include problems with the road, failing to follow traffic laws, and opening a door in oncoming traffic. Victims can file a personal injury claim to recover damages after an accident.
“As a former felony prosecutor, I believe that there is no fight that is too small or too big to fight when seeking justice for my clients.”
Do I have a case?
If you or a loved one was injured in a bicycle accident and another person was at fault, you might have a case against the responsible party. You must file a lawsuit before the state’s statute of limitations runs out, or you won’t be eligible for compensation. You also must satisfy other conditions of filing a personal injury claim in Georgia. To find out if you have a case, consult with an experienced bicycle accident attorney. The attorney will evaluate the evidence to determine if you have a valid claim against the at-fault party.
How much is my case worth?
Each Atlanta bicycle accident claim is unique, so it is impossible to determine how much a claim is worth before evaluating the evidence. Factors that determine damages include the amount of verifiable economic losses you sustained, the circumstances around the accident, and the type and degree of injury you suffered. After evaluating your claim, your attorney can provide information regarding how much compensation you are eligible to receive.
Our firm understands the complexity of Georgia’s personal injury law and can help you receive the damages that you deserve. This might include compensation for past and future medical expenses, lost wages and lost earning capacity, pain and suffering, and more.
Our Law Office is conviniently located at 260 Peachtree Street NW Suite 803 Atlanta, GA 30303